Anyone else have those January winter blahs?
Earlier this month, we decided to get out of town and head west to find some sunshine. We stopped in Yakima to celebrate my brother-in-law (and fellow family outlaw)’s birthday. I love staying with Midge and Dale, because it’s like spending a night in a B and B. Their home is always clean and beautifully decorated, the bed is inviting, and Dale’s fried eggs on toast are worth the trip alone!
I was inspired, as I always am after a stay in Yakima. So last weekend I threw on my sweats, scrunchied up my hair, cranked up the iTunes and set to work. Time for a good pre-spring cleaning! Now, when I clean house, it goes something like this:
1. Strip bed and throw sheets in washer
2. Load and run dishwasher
3. Begin vacuuming living room
(notice I’ve already been in 4 different rooms?)
4. Run upstairs to throw sheets in dryer and start more laundry in washer
5. Answer text from east coast daughter
6. Put water on to boil for pasta salad
7. Finish vacuuming living room and bedroom
8. Make bed
9. Empty dishwasher
10. Cook and drain pasta
11. Answer text from sister
12. Put away various DVDs and books lying around
13. Decide to organize bookshelves and DVDs
14. Finish pasta salad and clean kitchen
15. Talk to sister on phone
You get the idea. But eventually, the house does get clean and I love it!